Tooth Colored Fillings (Resin Fillings)
Tooth colored fillings, also called resin fillings, are dental fillings that restore and mimic the natural appearance of tooth structure. In addition to restoring teeth that have fractured or decayed, tooth colored fillings may also be used cosmetically to change the size, color, and shape of teeth. This quality is particularly useful in closing gaps between teeth; repairing chipped teeth and making teeth appear to be more straight or even.
What are the advantages of tooth colored fillings (white fillings)?
- They closely match natural tooth color and appearance.
- They bond to tooth structure chemically and thus do not require the placement of slots, grooves or pins in healthy tooth structure to mechanically retain them.
- The bonding of white fillings to the tooth restore 85% – 95% of the original strength of the tooth.
- They completely harden in seconds instead of days required by some other materials.
- They may be used on front and back teeth without compromising esthetics.
- If damaged they can be repaired.
Jann C. Barber, DDS
3154 Collins Ferry Road
Morgantown, WV 26505
Phone: (304) 599-3736
We Accept Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Care Credit.
Monday: 7:20 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 6:30 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday: 6:30 am - 4:30 pm
We don't charge for missed appointments but we do ask that you confirm your appointment by 1:30pm the day before. Responding to either the phone call, text message, or email will confirm your appointment. If your appointment is not Unconfirmed appointments will be cancelled.